While there are many great companies in the world that provide a shining example of teamwork, we often look to professional sports teams as the gold standard when it comes to cooperative effort. The physical aspect of their work makes it easier to see when things go right (or wrong), and they’re more fun to watch too. With that in mind, here are five lessons from sports teams that we admire in the Alliance Concepts office:
• Be Encouraging: Players (on the field or in the office) do their best work when they feel supported and like they’re valued members of a team.
• Be Transparent: Our managers make sure to communicate with us so we always know what Alliance Concepts play is being called, and our role in it.
• Be Plugged In: Everyone wants to be the MVP, but championships are won when people put the team first.
• Be Committed: Games and matches are one-time events, but the practise and preparation required to win these contests is a daily effort. We pursue this same level of commitment in our Alliance Concepts approach to achievement as well.
• Be Smart: We value the strengths and talents brought to the office by each of our colleagues, knowing that a broad range of skills is required for any team effort to succeed.
Pro sports are more than just entertainment. Check out our Alliance Concepts Newswire feed to see what other lessons we’ve learned from winning athletes.